Candidates who are preparing for the various competitive exams can check here for Latest Current Affairs which plays an important role in preparing for various competitive exams like Bank, Postal, Civil, any Government Jobs etc. To beat the exam and get a good score in current affairs sections you need to have general awareness about the news happening around the world. Read the below-provided information and pay attention to 01 December 2017 Current Affairs. Current Affairs which will really help you to gain knowledge about all the events like national & international, banking & business, sports & entertainment etc. Most of the competitive exams come up with different sections in which current affairs is one and many candidates feel great difficult to get good marks in this section. No need to worry we will help you to prepare with ease have a glance over here for 01 December Current Affairs.
- The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for culture, Dr. Mahesh Sharma and Minister of Culture and Information of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, His Excellency Prof. Moh. Rasool Bawari inaugurated the India-Afghan Cultural Festival in New Delhi.
- India has pledged to contribute about USD 2.87 million to Afghanistan in its latest financial assistance to the neighboring country.
- Industrial conglomerate Larsen and Toubro (L & T) said it has bagged an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) order for a 400 megawatt (MW) gas-based power plant in Bangladesh.
- Snehlata Shrivastava, a 1982-batch retired IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, has been appointed as the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabah.
- Central Government has sanctioned Rs. 275 crore for establishing a Global Centre for Security and Counter-Terrorism in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- India and UK will soon sign a MoU in the urban transport sector for cooperation in policy planning, technology transfer, and institutional organization.
- Badri Narain Sharma, a Rajasthan cadre IAS officer of 1985 batch, has been appointed the first chairman of the National Anti-profiteering Authority.
- Uhuru Kenyatta was sworn in as president of Kenya following two disputed polls and waves of deadly protests.
- US-India Business Council (USIBC) announced a collaborative initiative titled “Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders, and Entrepreneurs”.
- Victoria became the first Australian state to legalize assisted dying or euthanasia.
Banking and Business
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) said it will raise annual funding to India to up to $ 4 billion from existing $ 2.7 billion, from next year.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group Pvt Ltd for its transformation initiatives.
- A new Payments Bank ‘Paytm Payments Bank’ was formally launched at the hands of the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- West Bengal State Transport Minister Suvendu Adhikari has mentioned that the state government has negotiated with the World Bank to avail subsidy to buy 130 electric buses.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt Ltd for its transformation initiatives and the transformation project ‘KBL Vikaas’.
Sports and Entertainment
- The Competition Commission has imposed a fine of Rs. 52.24 crore on the Board of Control for Cricket in India for anti-competitive practices with respect to IPL media rights.
- Alloy Steels Plant (ASP) of the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has received the “BEST PERFORMANCE VENDOR – 2017” award from Ordnance Factory, Medak (OF-M) for indigenization, development, and supply of import substitute steel plates.
- Veteran Communist Party of India leader and former Minister E. Chandrasekharan Nair, died following a chest congestion in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.